The company Konrad Pumpe GmbH has its origins in the 19th century. Documents exist that show that the Master Blacksmith Bernhard Lange of Sendenhorst, House No. 56 – there were no street names then – had a blacksmith with a agricultural holding. His successor was the Master Blacksmith Heinrich Lange, out of whose marriage followed the children Josefine and Anton. A photo taken at this time – about 1900 – shows Heinrich Lange, his son Anton, an uncle and an assistant. At this time simple instruments and machines for farming were produced. In this picture a chaffing machine for straw is shown.
As the successor, Anton Lange, died very young, the daughter, Josefine, took over the running of the business from her father. Josefine married the Master Blacksmith, Conrad Pumpe, from Freckenhorst, who took over and ran the business. In 1927-28 a new shop replaced the old house with the blacksmith’s shop. By then Sendenhorst had street names. The new house was located at Oststraße 15. The smithy was extended into a household goods store and ironmongery. In these years it was also still the practice to run a smallholding. The photo shows the house at Oststraße 15 with the smithy (about 1950). In 1953 the son Konrad took over the blacksmith’s shop. In the following years the smithy was enlarged into a metalworking business for agricultural machinery. In the middle of the fifties farming the smallholding was given up. The stables were demolished and the space used for the business. The house at Oststraße 15 underwent conversion at the end of the sixties. The blacksmith’s shop was converted into a household goods shop.
The year 1977 can be counted as a milestone in the company’s history. The business was relocated to the Schmörmel Industrial Estate. A production hall with ancillary rooms was built and taken over on 1st Otober 1977. The company had 5 employees at this time. In the following years the company grew steadily in size. In 1982 Konrad Pumpe died unexpectedly and his son, Konrad, took over immediate control and continued to run the business. By 1999 the business had grown to approx. 25 employees. The production area was extended to approx. 2000 m2. As the plot at Schörmelweg 23 had become too small and there was no possibility of extension, a 10,000-m2 plot of land at Schörmelweg 24 was invested in.
On 1st March 2001 a new production hall with ancillary rooms on this site was occupied. With this new building the production area was extended to 2600 m2.. In addition a storage area and a car park for customers and employees of 5000 m2 is alsoavailable. With this investment the development potentialities of the company are assured.
On 15th December 2003 at Schmörmelweg 24, where previously only production took place, a new spare parts storeroom and a shipping warehouse were taken into operation. With the transfer of the administration staff into new offices all departments are now to be found at this site.
In the middle of 2005 the premises was extended by 2000 m2 to 12000 m2. A further production hall of 1200 m2 was erected.
In January 2006 the office accommodation was doubled in size with a further extension. This extension stayed abreast of the changes in the business.
2007 a new production hall with 1200m ² of floor space was built.
2010 construction of a 3-storeyed office building and training rooms (disabled accesses) with a total area of 500m².
2011 started the construction of a new business department with cutting manufacturing.
2013 Implementation of a storage system for flat material.
Heinrich Lange, his son Anton, an uncle and an assistant. (About 1900)
The house at Oststraße 15 with the smithy (About 1950)
The company was relocated from Oststraße 15 to the Schörmel Industrial Estate (1977)
The company premises at Schörmelweg 23 (2012)
The company premises at Schörmelweg 23 (2013)